Wow if you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be going to college and completely changing my career path to focus on the health care industry I would have said "You are CRAZY!"
After all I had been in the financial industry for 14 years working my way up from clerk to Project Manager and AVP. This was something I refused to let go of and I refused to accept any other suggestions as to a change for the better. I simply didnt think it could get better.
Through a series of major drama in my life I soon discovered that it was a new career path that I needed however I was scared. I filled out the grant application in March of this year and in November have just now followed thru with it.
Even at that looking at the course offerings I still persisted to hang on to the past the career I had worked so hard to build. One day I finally did it! Decided I wanted to be a radiology tech and I started working toward getting my courses lined up. Obstacle after Obstacle would have made it easy for me to quit however I pushed thru and finally got my grant.
Today, November 18 I am embarking upon a new career and a positive change in my life.
You know sometimes its not easy to make a radical change it hasnt been for me however I am so excited and ready to go!
This song totally describes my mindset toward my future!
One Day At A Time
I've given up on trying to make it on my own
Time to say goodbye and leave the life I've known
Foolish things that I regret failures I like to forget
I let them slip just like sand let them slip right thru my hands
I'm letting go of all the pieces that I try to keep from falling down
Your the only one that can heal a heart like mine
I am reaching out so help me Jesus
Take who I was and lay it on the ground
And leave it all behind
I'm trusting you one day at a time
I walk away no worries of what tomorrow holds
I wont look behind me because I'm good to go
Smiling cause I am finding peace and mercy for the memories
Faith is wispering Amazing Grace I shake the dust off from this place
One step in front of the other
Walking next to you
With each step I rediscover you help me make it through
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment